[gold-users] importing old job data into gold

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Oct 5 16:48:57 MDT 2010

Hi Steve,

There are two ways that you might think about "importing" job usage data.
With gmkjob, you will create the job record but it will not create any kind of charge or debit any accounts.
With gcharge, it will both create the job record and make a debit in the present to your accounts.
There is not a way to make a debit in the past.
Both methods can result in a job record that can show the start time and endtime of the job in the past.
Both methods will result in a job record creation time and modification time in the present.
With that in mind, now I can answer your email unambiguously.