[gold-users] importing old job data into gold

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Oct 1 16:44:32 MDT 2010

Steve,

It was introduced in gold-2.2. If you are using 2.1 you will not have gmkjob.

The imported jobs will not show up against the old statement, they will show up against a current statement only. However, the jobs will be inserted into the job table with the specified StartTime and EndTime (while CreationTime and ModificationTime will be current dates). You have to realize that Gold tracks the historical states of all allocations and objects and you can't just insert debits into the past. This would disrupt and change every intervening state. This would have effected balances causing other jobs not to have been able to run, invalidating previously generated statements, etc. You would never see a bank inserting credits or debits into their past balance sheets. If a bank catches a mistake, they correct it in the present with a current refund or withdrawal.

When you import the job data, it does not affect balances. If you wish to catch up for the past charges, the charges will occur in the present.