[gold-users] importing old job data into gold

Crusan, Steve scrusan at UR.Rochester.edu
Fri Oct 1 15:20:57 MDT 2010

Quick question about importing old job data (from Maui logs) into Gold.

I've noticed that it seems to be possible to do this using the goldsh shell (in the manual it shows gmkjob, but I cannot seem to find it; is it deprecated?):
goldsh Job Create JobId=PBS.$goldId.0 User=$netId Project=$account Machine=$machine Charge=$charge Processors=$procs StartTime=$startTime EndTime=$endTime WallDuration=$walltime

>From there, it seems one can use gcharge to charge the job:
gcharge -p $account -u $netId -m $machine -P $procs -t $walltime -j $goldId -d "charge imported from old data" -s $startTime -e $endTime

Now, provided that I properly fill in the correct attributes, and use the proper gold job id, would doing the above operations properly keep the timestamps of the jobs? Meaning that if I have job logs from September 2009, if I import them and use their epoch time (do all the conversions, etc), will the gstatement commands and other querying operations reflect the proper dates/times?

Ex:
gstatement -s 2009-09-10 -e 2009-12-25

Will the imported jobs from the Maui logs properly show up within that statement, and NOT show up for a rather recent query?

Thanks!

Steve Crusan
System Administrator
Center for Research Computing