[gold-users] error running gold-2.2.0.1

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Nov 23 18:48:30 MST 2010

Hi Ingmar,

Sorry for the delay. I have been on travel.

This error is not familiar to me. When a new request comes in, a prepare method is run which checks to make sure the XML request is specifying a valid object. The Gold daemon, when it starts up, builds an in-memory XML document which caches all of the metadata about the valid objects, attributes, actions, roles, etc. The prepare method looks for an Object Element with a Name attribute having the specified name. This error appears to suggest that either the request is coming in without an object specified (unlikely) or that there are objects in the Cache DOM without a Name attribute.

You seem to have pointed at a version of perl as being related to the problem. Does this same database work under a different version of perl? I assume you have not created a bunch of objects directly in the database without a Name? I think we could get some better info if you could examine the Cache XML. I believe it is printed in the goldd.log when goldd is started up. If your examination does not reveal any more clues, feel free to scp it to guest at clusterresources.com: (password guest) and I will take a look.