[gold-users] Project doesn't get marked active

Hazlewood, Victor Gene vhazlewo at utk.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:32:52 MST 2010

Scott,

Came across something interesting and wanted to know your thoughts.

I am running Gold version 2.1.5.0 and if a project is marked inactive
and a gchalloc changes the end date of an allocation whereby the
allocation (should) become active, Gold doesn't seem to change the
project state to active=True.  I am wondering if this is by design or
perhaps a mistake. I want the behavior that if I change an allocation
end date which now makes it active to have the project get marked
Active=True.  Otherwise, why would Gold mark a project Inactive
automatically when the end date for an allocation passes?  Seems like
this is the behavior that is desired.  If the only allocation that is
active goes past its end date then Gold marks the project Active=False.
I am thinking if the end date of any allocation gets changed to where an
allocation is now active the project should be set Active=True.

What do you think?

The below illustrates my observation:

-bash-3.2$ glsproject UT-NTNL0004

Name        Description                         Machines
Active Users

----------- ----------------------------------- --------------------
------ ---------------

UT-NTNL0004 Modeling thunderstorms and tornados kraken.nics.teragrid
False  user1,user2

-bash-3.2$ glsaccount -a 40

Id Name        Amount Projects    Users           Machines
Description

-- ----------- ------ ----------- --------------- --------------------
--------------

40 UT-NTNL0004   0.00 UT-NTNL0004 user1,user2     kraken.nics.teragrid
Auto-generated

-bash-3.2$ glsalloc -a 40

Id Account Active StartTime  EndTime             Amount    CreditLimit
Deposited Description

-- ------- ------ ---------- ------------------- --------- -----------
--------- -----------

37 40      False  2008-08-01 2008-10-15 23:59:59 199989.68        0.00
200000.00

-bash-3.2$ gchalloc -i 37 -e '2011-01-01'

Successfully modified 1 Allocations

-bash-3.2$ glsalloc -a 40

Id Account Active StartTime  EndTime    Amount    CreditLimit Deposited
Description

-- ------- ------ ---------- ---------- --------- ----------- ---------
-----------

37 40      True   2008-08-01 2011-01-01 199989.68        0.00 200000.00

-bash-3.2$ glsaccount -a 40

Id Name        Amount    Projects    Users           Machines
Description

-- ----------- --------- ----------- ---------------
-------------------- --------------

40 UT-NTNL0004 199989.68 UT-NTNL0004 user1,user2
kraken.nics.teragrid Auto-generated

-bash-3.2$ glsproject UT-NTNL0004

Name        Description                         Machines
Active Users

UT-NTNL0004 Modeling thunderstorms and tornados kraken.nics.teragrid
False  user1,user2

-Victor

Victor Hazlewood, CISSP

Senior HPC Systems Analyst

National Institute for Computational Science

University of Tennessee

http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/ <http://www.nics.utk.edu/>