[gold-users] Specifying multiple machines for an allocation with gdeposit

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 24 00:08:21 MDT 2010

Hi there,

If I try and use gdeposit with multiple -m options to create
an allocation valid on multiple machines only the last one
seems to be honoured, the first one appears to be discarded.

E.g.:

gold:~# gdeposit -m m1 m2 -e 2010-08-01 -p VS0001 1
Successfully created Account 130
Successfully deposited 1 credits into account 130

But the corresponding account that has been created is only
valid for m2, not m1... :-(

Trying to use a single -m option with either comma separated
or quoted space separate machine names results in the system
taking that as the name of a single machine.

It looks like I can work around it by manually going through
every account created as a result of the deposit and adding
the missing machine, but I don't think that's sustainable.

cheers,
Chris
          http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/