[gold-users] Different charge rates for different machines ?

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 20 20:08:55 MDT 2010

Hi folks,

One thing we're going to need to do with Gold is to
charge differently for different systems but my tests
aren't going so well.

Currently we've got one machine which logs jobs as
being from bruce-m (management node).  Gold has an
entry for bruce-m in its machines and our charge
rates are 1 for the "Resource" of  "Processors" and
10 for the "Machine" of "bruce-m".

But a 1 second 60 cpu job still gets charged at 60,
not the 600 I was expecting.

Any ideas ?

cheers,
Chris