[gold-users] mapping unix groups to gold projects

Kevin Van Workum vanw at sabalcore.com
Tue May 11 06:24:55 MDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:55 AM, Brian O'Connor <oconnorb at unimelb.edu.au>wrote:

> Hi,
>    we are setting up an installation that may have 2 torque/moab clusters
> and a slurm/moab
> cluster talking to a Gold AM bank.
>
> We are testing Gold with a small torque/maui cluster before beginning the
> first integration
> with a production torque/moab cluster :) phew!
>
> Gold appears to work but on the torque/maui test cluster, the jobs come
> through with no
> project set. We would like jobs submitted to the queues to have their unix
> group mapped
> to a gold project, and hoped that this would be the default. Looking at the
> logs maui
> does not send a "project" field to Gold at all unless the user uses "qsub
> -A projectid ..",
> and this is not what we had hoped.
>
> Does anyone know of a way in moab to automatically map a user group to be
> an "account" or
> project?
>
> How are others doing this stuff?

I use the prologue/epilogue scripts to do our gold interactions. Mapping
groups to projects would be simple this way. I don't currently use
maui/moab, but when we did in the past I still used the prologue/epilogue
scripts. Though be warned that torque will sometimes run the epilogue script
multiple times for the same job, so you need to include the necessary checks
to avoid double charging for a job. See this thread for more details:
http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2009-December/009809.html

> Thanks In Advance
>
> Brian O'Connor
>
> Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
> http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au

Kevin Van Workum, PhD
Sabalcore Computing Inc.
Run your code on 500 processors.