[gold-users] web interface list only?

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon May 3 15:19:49 MDT 2010

Brian,

Yes. The gui should allow properly authorized users to create and modify objects, etc.

Now, you say you logged in as root. I assume you were able to do this after doing a gchpasswd root command on the prompt. Does root have superuser privileges within Gold from the command line (I.e. can you create/change projects as root from the command line?). [You can see what I am driving at ... does it help if you login as the gold power user [gold]?]

I assume you have tried these things and there is some other problem that I have not seen before.

Make sure the user you are logging in as is listed as one of the users from `goldsh RoleUser Query Role==SystemAdmin`
If not, then use the goldsh interface to add them as a SystemAdmin `goldsh RoleUser Create Role=SystemAdmin Name=root`
Make sure they have a gui passwd with gchpasswd root.
Then login, and see if it looks better.

If not, please send me the results of: `goldsh Role Query`, `goldsh RoleUser Query`, `goldsh RoleAction Query`.
Then reproduce the problem in the gui and examine the goldg.log and goldd.log for additional details. If you cannot discover the problem after examining the logs for a bit, then send me an email with the logs attached.