[gold-users] are stale reservations normal

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Mar 17 12:11:28 MDT 2010

Brock,

I might expect a few here and there, but on this scale I would say there
is something pretty wrong.

I would recommend using glsres -I to get a list of ones that have
expired but were not removed. Then look for these in the goldd.log to
see if Charges were issued for them. You may find that Errors occurred,
or you may find that Moab never sent the charge request, or you may find
that there is a bug in Gold where it is charging but the reservation is
not getting removed (naturally, this is doubtful:).

Scott