[gold-users] ERD for core Gold DB

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Mar 12 10:27:58 MST 2010

Andrei Volkau wrote:
> On 13 February 2010 03:48:59 Scott Jackson wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> I have a really old Gold Class Diagram that is now inaccurate. I could
>> send it if you like, but I don't think it will be much use. So, really,
>> the answer is, no, we don't have one unless someone in the community did
>> one up.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of the existence of an Entity Relationship Diagram for
>>> the core Gold database?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -mike
>>>
>>> Mike McCarty, HPC Software Developer
>>>
>>> National Institute for Computational Sciences (NICS)
>>> University of Tennessee

> Whether I can ask to send you to me the existing diagram?
> I now work above search of the best way for adaptation web the interface to
> the international version. We spoke about it. I think that presence of any
> additional information will give advantage.
> You had an opportunity to be connected to mine IP?

Hi Andrei,

I was able to connect both to the https Gold GUI you modified to display
in Russian, as well as review the changes you made by logging into your
server. Thank you for providing that access. I was impressed. You did a
nice job and I enjoyed seeing the GUI display in a language with a
completely different character set.

To me I see this as a proof of concept. It shows that it would be
possible to do Gold translations for a foreign character set without too
much difficulty. Quite a bit more work would be involved to generalize
this work into lang files and apply the language changes to the base
code and clients (glsuser, etc). Perhaps demand will be there to do this
in the future.

Thank you again for showing me your work. If you feel comfortable with
it, I would like to make a tarball of your mods for my future reference.
Of course, I will not do this if you are opposed. I am also interested
in your fix to the limit problem you mentioned.

Take care,

Scott