[gold-users] A couple of questions related to Gold...

Ingmar Thompson ingmar at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 10 08:30:52 MST 2010

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone might be able toanswer the following questions
on Gold as we evaluate adopting it at NCAR (National Center for
Atmospheric Research).
1) Our group at NCAR is mainly Java with some Perl knowledge.  We were
wondering if anyone has experience with developing a Java GUI
application to interface with Gold.  We are looking at possibilities to
call the Perl API functions via Java, but were wondering if anyone has
pursued this route with any success?
2) There is mention in the Gold documentation that a Java API was
written.  Did this ever happen?  I get the sense this was something that
was dropped with preference going to the Perl API.
3) Gold intergration with Moab.  Does anyone have any comments on how
difficult this has been for you?  What were the most difficult aspects
of getting these two hooked up?
Thanks for any input anyone can provide out there...
-Ingmar Thompson WEG/CISL/NCAR