[gold-users] new install with MySQL -- step(s) missing?

Tavia Stone tavia.stone at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 09:05:37 MDT 2010

Hi,

I am installing Gold-2.1.12.2 with the following:

# mysql -V
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.67, for suse-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

# perl -v
This is perl, v5.10.0 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

# suidperl -v
This is perl, v5.10.0 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

# rpm -qa | grep libxml2
libxml2-2.7.1-9.8.1

The remaining [OPTIONAL] prereqs are already installed.

My query is this: There are no specific intructions for initial configuration for a MySQL install. In the "Database Setup" section of the latest User Guide, there is a reference to SQLite as not needing any configuring, and you also provide instructions on initialising the PostgreSQL install.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for a MySQL install (i.e. new user account, IP access, db creation, etc.) or should one just assume the equivalent steps are necessary for MySQL as are documented for PostgreSQL?

Regards,

Tavia Stone
Tavia Stone
HPC Systems Administrator