[gold-users] Gold project admins

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 18 14:34:24 MDT 2010

Hi,

     Right now, we have our project groups / accounts mapped to department
sponsors, which are also users in gold. I¹d like to make certain users
project admins. I can achieve this by creating a role, and adding actions:

goldsh Role Create Name=$ProjectName_admin
goldsh RoleAction Create Role=$ProjectName_admin Object=Project Name=ADMIN
Instance=$Project_name
goldsh RoleUser Create Role=$ProjectName_admin Name=$User

This does what I need to do, but it requires creating a lot of roles (when
put into production, it will be 93 and growing...). Is there a way to map
the relationship between for the project admin flag to an actual role? Here
is what I mean:

gold-> \d g_project_user;
<SNIPPED>
g_admin             | character varying(5)    | default 'False'::character
varying

What I¹d like to do is create one role, say SponsorAdmin, where any user
that has the Œg_admin == True¹ to be an admin of the g_project, and reflect
that functionality within the web interface. Right now, it seems as if the
framework is there, but I am not putting together the right goldsh commands
to map this correctly.

As anyone done anything similar?

Thank you!

Steve Crusan