[gold-users] Directory authentication

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 8 09:21:26 MDT 2010

Greetings,

    I was wondering if there was any LDAP or directory services (or if
anyone has their own solution) for gold (v 2.1.12.1. All of our users
authenticate using LDAP in our cluster, and we also have ldap groups, which
we¹d like to use for accounts, with users beneath them, etc. I would prefer
if our users login to gold¹s web interface using their LDAP credentials
rather than having them manage/change their local gold passwords.

  I realize that this can probably be done by putting some work into the
login.cgi file, but I wanted to see if anyone else has done this first, and
secondly if there is a better solution, etc.

Thanks!

Steve Crusan
System Administrator
Center for Research Computing