[gold-users] must be missing something --can't connect to GUI

Tavia Stone tavia.stone at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 06:08:52 MDT 2010

Hi Scott,

I have got MySQL setup and talking to GOLD, the web-server is up and running, using the configuration you recommend in the UserGuide, and I am unable to connect to the GUI.

I attempt a connection to https://$server/gold.cgi (from both the local machine and a remote host) and receive an error
"403 Forbidden

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access /gold.cgi/ on this server."

No prompt for inputting a username/password.

Anything spring to mind as an obvious oversight on my part? I have a separate unrelated web-portal successfully running concurrently on port 80, while gold is set to listen on 443, which would indicate that the overall httpd config is working.

Cheers,

Tavia
Tavia Stone
HPC Systems Administrator