[gold-users] Gold showing newly created projects to all users with mybalance/gbalance ?

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Jul 19 20:04:39 MDT 2010

If you do a glsaccount, what is the output for the new project?

What we did is wrote a monster perl script to take LDAP info, and then put
it into gold. When the first projects were created, there were users added
to it also.

I think what is happening is that if you don't specify that only project
members can access the project (which could map to an account), than
everyone can access this new project:

glsaccount
1  some_group      0 some_group MEMBERS ANY      Auto-generated
<snipped>
9  Test-Ignore         0 Test-Ignore    ANY     ANY      Auto-generated

After I created the Test-Ignore project using the same command you
specified, I could also replicate this behavior.

What I have done is create a "wildcard" user, someone whom doesn't actually
have a login, but whenever I create a new project/account, I use the
gmkproject -u wildcard ...etc

By doing this, the behavior you specify doesn't happened, a la:
Glsaccount
10 Test-Ignore2        0 Test-Ignore2   MEMBERS ANY      Auto-generated

And using mybalance doesn't show the new project...