[gold-users] association between queue type and machine

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Jul 19 15:38:55 MDT 2010

Ingmar,

The only challenge is getting these kind of altered charge requests
passed to Gold. The only available current option I can think of would
be to invoke the Gold charge functions from prolog and epilog scripts
instead of having Moab interact directly with Gold. Then you can easily
construct such a call to Gold and it will work as expected. Sample
prolog and epilog scripts can be found in the Gold contrib directory.

A little further down the road, Moab is implementing a native allocation
manager layer in which instead of interacting directly with Gold, Moab
can call scripts that you define that do all of the interaction. I
believe this will be available in Moab 6.0 in the November timeframe. Of
course, I can't make any promises regarding the schedule of any
particular feature in Moab, but this is what we are shooting for. This
will eliminate the need to use prolog and epilog scripts and allow many
more customizations on the charging behavior with Gold (and
theoretically any other billing system that might be usable).

I hope this is helpful,

Scott

p.s. Although Gold 2.2 has a Multi-dimensional Value Based Resource
Charge Rate Type, What you need here is a Multi-dimensional Name Based
Multiplier Charge Rate Type. We don't have this in plan at the moment,
but I will consider it for addition to "Gold 3.0" which is being
engineered now.