[gold-users] association between queue type and machine

ingmar ingmar at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 19 13:51:25 MDT 2010

Hello,
I am not seeing that Gold by default has a concept of the queue types
that are associated with a machine.  For example, a regular queue
running on machine A may have a different charge from a regular queue
running on machine B.  I am proposing that a resource manager pass Gold
for a job record the name of the queue where the job ran in the
following format...
machine_name+queue_name.
This way we could setup Gold with charges such as
chipeta_regular  QOS Rate=1
antero_regular QOS Rate=2

Does this sound like the way to get this level of granularity for
charging, or am I  missing a customization that could be made to Gold to
cover this need?

Thanks,
-Ingmar