[gold-users] Changing debit order possible?

RNothdurft at spirit21.de RNothdurft at spirit21.de
Thu Jul 8 12:20:46 MDT 2010

Hi again,

I've run into the next problem. As on page 32 of the userguide "Gold will
debit allocations in the order of earliest expiring and
most specific first." In general situation this order makes sence, but is
there a possibility to change it?

I'll show you why with following scenario:
- i've got a project with 3 users, one of them is admin
- the project has got a budget of 100000 credits
- the project admin is allowed to spend additional 10000 credits on
credit, but only if the other project-budget is exhausted

So i wanted to use 2 accounts to map it to GOLD, one for the admin with 0
credits, but 10000 as credit option and the other one for all project
members with the whole budget of 100000 credits.
As you now may see, if the admin is submitting a job, his corresponding
account is getting negativ, instead of GOLD is using the shared account.

I know as admin he's able to transfer the missing credits back to his
account, but is there nevertheless a possiblity to do this without such a
workaround?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Richard

Richard Nothdurft
DHBW-Student der SPIRIT/21 AG
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 36, 71034 Böblingen
Mobil: 0177/7427024
E-Mail: rnothdurft at spirit21.de
Internet: http://www.spirit21.de

SPIRIT/21 AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen
Vorstand: Dietmar Wendt (Vorsitzender), Philipp Steffen, Joachim Gutheil
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Siegfried J. Althaus
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Registernummer: HRB 244681
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 198412560