[gold-users] SQL Queries for gold commands

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Thu Jul 1 15:00:05 MDT 2010

>     Is there anywhere in the source that has a SQL styled listing of
> the queries used for certain gold commands (such as gstatement, etc,
> etc)? Looking through the source of some of the perl scripts, it looks
> like most of those use the Database.pm in the lib/Gold/ libraries
> directory.

an easy way is to setup a test gold instance and run it in debug log
level. the all the sql used is available in the log files. (the test
gold instance will help isolate the queries you are looking for).

>     We’re building a front end to gold, but we’d like to use the
> postgres database itself as the datasource, and I like some of the
> gstatement commands and such. So I was wondering if there is an
> internal listing or set of documentation anywhere for this that lists
> some of the SQL queries used to generate the reports. I know we can
> probably look over the Database.pm heavily and devise our own system,
> but since Gold already does this extremely well internally, I’d rather
> not recreate the wheel.
>
>     It is either doing the above, or putting the Gold client
> commands/libraries on our web app and then hooking PHP with it to
> generate what we need.
>
>     Anyone else do something similar?

what exactly are you trying to do? i'm interested into extracting
job/queue state information from gold (ie jobs queued, running,
finished...) for multiple clusters using the same golddb, but this is on
my todo list. i habe some ideas, but nothing implemented yet.

stijn

http://hasthelhcdestroyedtheearth.com/