[gold-users] Esoteric question

Hazlewood, Victor Gene (Victor) vhazlewo at utk.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:07:59 MST 2010

Hi,

I want to allow a different user besides gold to execute a specific
goldsh command.  Is this possible?  I have created my own table called
Nname in Gold and I want to allow user victor2 on a client host to use
goldsh to update this table with this command

victor2 at client1% goldsh Nname Create Uname=bob

goldsh is owned by victor2 not gold user.  When I run the command I get
this error:

victor2 at client11$ goldsh Nname Create Uname=bob

victor2 is not authorized to perform this function (Nname Create)

How do I enable victor2 to create this entry?  Do I add a 'victor2' role
to postgres (my underlying Gold database) with access to write this
table or is there a gold command to authorize a user to update?

Thanks for any info you guys can provide

Best Regards,

-Victor

Victor Hazlewood, CISSP

Senior HPC Systems Analyst

National Institute for Computational Science

University of Tennessee

http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/ <http://www.nics.utk.edu/>