[gold-users] Question on the GUI

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Feb 17 15:26:58 MST 2010

Ingmar,

You are correct in that it is an apache config issue. This usually
indicates it is having trouble resolving the images, or the aliasing of
/cgi-bin to /var/www/cgi-bin within the cgi scripts.

The configuration instructions say that you need to put in an Alias line
(NOT ScriptAlias) for /cgi-bin/. In fact, the ScriptAlias line that is
normally there should be commented out. Have you done this? If so, what
is the directory you are using for the cgi-bin directory? Is it
/var/www/cgi-bin or /var/www/cgi-bin/gold? If the latter, you might try
putting in an Alias line for /cgi-bin/gold to /var/www/cgi-bin/gold in
case you have some other Alias or ScriptAlias floating around in some
other config that might be conflicting with your line in httpd.conf.

Let me know if you are able to get this straightened out or if you might
need additional help.