[gold-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Managing RoleActions with multiple specific Instances

RNothdurft at spirit21.de RNothdurft at spirit21.de
Tue Aug 10 13:28:18 MDT 2010

Scott,

in goldsh it works fine, but not in gui. I've restarted gold and relogged
in to gui, still unable to query both user...

Kind regards,
Richard

Richard Nothdurft
DHBW-Student der SPIRIT/21 AG
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 36, 71034 Böblingen
Mobil: 0177/7427024
E-Mail: rnothdurft at spirit21.de
Internet: http://www.spirit21.de

gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 10.08.2010 21:18:44:

> Scott Jackson <scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com>
> Gesendet von: gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org
>
> 10.08.2010 21:18
>
> Bitte antworten an
> Gold Users Mailing List <gold-users at supercluster.org>
>
> An

> Kopie
>
> Thema
>
> Re: [gold-users] Antwort: Re: Managing RoleActions with multiple
> specific Instances
>
> Richard,
>
> I was trying it in the goldsh prompt... and I was able to query both
> users. Does it work for you in the goldsh prompt?
>
> If you have not already done so, I suspect that for the GUI, goldd will
> have to be restarted and you may have to logout and back in to the gui.
> Let me know if this does not work and I will try it here.

> RNothdurft at spirit21.de wrote:
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > thanks for your support.
> > I tried your modification and now i'm able to create the new
> > RoleAction, but it hasn't got the expected effect, the user that has
> > got the role of DevCreditsManager, is still only able to query one
> > user in gold gui. It seems that it's always the first gold finds in
db...

> > To show you which szenario i want to realize:
> > I want to create a role for a user, that gets a fixed amount of
> > Credits, which he can allocate (transfer) to all users, that are
> > allowed to use the specific machine, he is admin for. :)
> > I don't think that there's a better way than explicitly create all
> > necessary relations manually... but for this solution i need to create

> > multiple specific Instances that gold can find...
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Richard
> >
> > Richard Nothdurft
> > DHBW-Student der SPIRIT/21 AG
> > Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 36, 71034 Böblingen
> > Mobil: 0177/7427024
> > E-Mail: rnothdurft at spirit21.de
> > Internet: http://www.spirit21.de <http://www.spirit21.de/>
> >

> > gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 10.08.2010 20:12:12:
> >
> > > Scott Jackson <scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com>
> > > Gesendet von: gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org
> > >
> > > 10.08.2010 20:12
> > >
> > > Bitte antworten an
> > > Gold Users Mailing List <gold-users at supercluster.org>
> > >
> > > An

> > > Kopie
> > >
> > > Thema
> > >
> > > Re: [gold-users] Managing RoleActions with multiple specific
Instances

> > > Richard,
> > >
> > > The solution, as I see it, is to make Instance a PrimaryKey.
> > >
> > > goldsh
> > > gold> Attribute Modify Object==RoleAction Name==Instance
PrimaryKey=True
> > > Object     Name     DataType PrimaryKey Required Fixed Values
> > > DefaultValue Sequence Hidden Description
> > > RoleAction Instance String   True       False    False
> > > ANY          40       False  Object Instance Name
> > > Successfully modified 1 Attribute
> > > gold> RoleAction Create Role=DevCreditsManager Object=User
Name=Query