[gold-users] Antwort: Re: Managing RoleActions with multiple specific Instances

RNothdurft at spirit21.de RNothdurft at spirit21.de
Tue Aug 10 12:59:58 MDT 2010

Hi Scott,

thanks for your support.
I tried your modification and now i'm able to create the new RoleAction,
but it hasn't got the expected effect, the user that has got the role of
DevCreditsManager, is still only able to query one user in gold gui. It
seems that it's always the first gold finds in db...

To show you which szenario i want to realize:
I want to create a role for a user, that gets a fixed amount of Credits,
which he can allocate (transfer) to all users, that are allowed to use the
specific machine, he is admin for. :)
I don't think that there's a better way than explicitly create all
necessary relations manually... but for this solution i need to create
multiple specific Instances that gold can find...

Kind regards,
Richard

Richard Nothdurft
DHBW-Student der SPIRIT/21 AG
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 36, 71034 Böblingen
Mobil: 0177/7427024
E-Mail: rnothdurft at spirit21.de
Internet: http://www.spirit21.de

gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 10.08.2010 20:12:12:

> Scott Jackson <scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com>
> Gesendet von: gold-users-bounces at supercluster.org
>
> 10.08.2010 20:12
>
> Bitte antworten an
> Gold Users Mailing List <gold-users at supercluster.org>
>
> An

> Kopie
>
> Thema
>
> Re: [gold-users] Managing RoleActions with multiple specific Instances
>
> Richard,
>
> The solution, as I see it, is to make Instance a PrimaryKey.
>
> goldsh
> gold> Attribute Modify Object==RoleAction Name==Instance PrimaryKey=True
> Object     Name     DataType PrimaryKey Required Fixed Values
> DefaultValue Sequence Hidden Description
> ---------- -------- -------- ---------- -------- ----- ------
> ------------ -------- ------ --------------------
> RoleAction Instance String   True       False    False
> ANY          40       False  Object Instance Name
> Successfully modified 1 Attribute
> gold> RoleAction Create Role=DevCreditsManager Object=User Name=Query
> Instance=Ruby
> Role              Object Name  Instance
> ----------------- ------ ----- --------
> DevCreditsManager User   Query Ruby
> Successfully created 1 RoleAction
>
> I'll have to let you run with it to make sure it does not cause any
> unexpected side effects, but it seems like it should be safe to me.
>
> Scott
>

> RNothdurft at spirit21.de wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > i'm currently trying to create RoleActions for a Manager-Role with
> > multiple specific Instances.
> > First of all i want to allow the manager to Query 2 or more specific
> > users,...
> >
> > gold> RoleAction Create Role=DevCreditsManager Object=User Name=Query
> > Instance=Vito
> > Successfully created 1 RoleAction
> > gold> RoleAction Create Role=DevCreditsManager Object=User Name=Query
> > Instance=Ruby
> > RoleAction already exists
> >
> > ... but this doesn't work. I tried to use a comma separated list as
> > Instance-Value, but gold reads the list as one instance.
> >
> > Any suggestions to solve the problem? (Instance mustn't be ANY!)
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Richard
> >

> > Richard Nothdurft
> > DHBW-Student der SPIRIT/21 AG
> > Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 36, 71034 Böblingen
> > Mobil: 0177/7427024
> > E-Mail: rnothdurft at spirit21.de
> > Internet: http://www.spirit21.de <http://www.spirit21.de/>
> >

> > SPIRIT/21 AG
> >
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen
> > Vorstand: Dietmar Wendt (Vorsitzender), Philipp Steffen, Joachim
Gutheil