[gold-users] Managing RoleActions with multiple specific Instances

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Aug 10 12:12:12 MDT 2010

Richard,

The solution, as I see it, is to make Instance a PrimaryKey.

goldsh
gold> Attribute Modify Object==RoleAction Name==Instance PrimaryKey=True
Object     Name     DataType PrimaryKey Required Fixed Values
DefaultValue Sequence Hidden Description
---------- -------- -------- ---------- -------- ----- ------
------------ -------- ------ --------------------
RoleAction Instance String   True       False    False
ANY          40       False  Object Instance Name
Successfully modified 1 Attribute
gold> RoleAction Create Role=DevCreditsManager Object=User Name=Query
Instance=Ruby
Role              Object Name  Instance
DevCreditsManager User   Query Ruby
Successfully created 1 RoleAction

I'll have to let you run with it to make sure it does not cause any
unexpected side effects, but it seems like it should be safe to me.

Scott