[gold-users] To all members of "Glod Allocation Manager"

Tong, Jin j.tong at cranfield.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 17:13:22 MST 2008

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD student at Cranfield University in UK. I am currently doing a research on 'Knowledge transfer in Open Source Communities'. Effective knowledge transfer approaches can help organisations sustain their competitive advantages.

Some researchers claim that the KT approach used in open source communities where people publish their needs online is effective (either through online discussion forum or mailing list). They describe problems they have experienced, ask for solutions, and get responses from other members. However, such an approach has not yet been explored in the knowledge management domain. In order to investigate the potential of applying this approach in other organisations, this survey is designed to use "Gold Allocation Manager" community as an example, and explore the effectiveness of this approach.

One of my friend is in your group (Gold Allocation Manager), and he believes that this group has been activie and can be seen as a typical example of open source communities. So after a few months observation on the activities in your group by looking at the email archives. I decide to invite all of you to complete a 10 minutes online questionnaire survey (see the link below).

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4bho5u6u0lauith510537

Please take 5-10 minutes to complete the survey. This survey will not ask for any personal information, and your answers will be treated in confidence. The questionnaires will be destroyed as soon as this study is complete. Your participation in very important and your time is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns.

Jin Tong

PhD Research student
DoIS, Cranfield University, UK
Email: j.tong at cranfield.ac.uk