[gold-users] gold+preemption

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Oct 31 14:30:30 MDT 2007

how does gold+moab handle preemption?  We would like the total debit
to equal the total runtime of all times a job has ran.  atleast for
the qos=preempt jobs.  We assume that jobs running under preemption
have checkpoint/restart and thus users should be debited for the full
runtime.  A quick test of a job that was left to ran for ~10 minutes
preempted with 'mjobctl -R 123456'  and allowed to restart then
having the job finish after only ~5 minutes showed a charge of 292
proc seconds (single cpu job)  We would like this to be ~10
+5minutes=900 proc seconds.

Is it able to achieve this behavior?

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing