[gold-users] Newbie question on user/account deletion

Jon Lockley jon.lockley at oerc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 11:06:53 MDT 2007

Hi Scott et al.,

The chap who did the installation is actually away today so I can't
answer your second question or tell you whether the installation was
done as root and then reassigned to gold until tomorrow morning. Please
feel free to hold off until tomorrow if it's better to wait for him to
be around to answer your questions. However so far:

Role        Name
----------- ----
SystemAdmin gold
Scheduler   root
Anonymous   ANY
OVERRIDE    ANY

so I did:

gold at orac:~> goldsh RoleUser Create Role=SystemAdmin Name=root
Successfully created 1 RoleUser
gold at orac:~> goldsh RoleUser Query
Role        Name
----------- ----
SystemAdmin gold
Scheduler   root
Anonymous   ANY
OVERRIDE    ANY
SystemAdmin root

Note that although the error messages says that "root" is unable to
perform this action, I'm running goldsh as "gold" (or at least I have
"su'd" to gold account from the root account) and have logged in as gold
via the web interface.

Jon

Scott Jackson wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Root may not have been added as an administrator. Try this as the user
> you installed gold as (probably gold) and see if this works.
>
> Please give me the results of:
>
> goldsh RoleUser Query
>
> Did you populate the database from bank.sql?
>
> /usr/local/gold/sbin/sqlite /usr/local/gold/data/gold.db < bank.sql
>
> This should normally create a root user and make root a SystemAdmin.
>
> Scott
>

> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:39 +0000, Jon Lockley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A newbie question as we've only just installed Gold and we're in the
>> process of evaluating it's functionality in the hope that we can make
>> use of it for an upcoming HPC installation:
>>
>> We may well have misconfigured something but after adding some test
>> accounts and users, we seem unable to delete them with the account used
>> to install the s/w. For example:
>>
>> gold> Account Delete Id==2
>> root is not authorized to perform this function (AccountProject Delete)
>>
>> ...and the same via the web interface. Can anyone point me in the
>> direction of the first things we should look at?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jon

| Dr Jon Lockley, Centre Manager   |                                   |
| Oxford Supercomputing Centre     | Email jon.lockley at oerc.ox.ac.uk   |
| Oxford e-Research Laboratory     | Tel +44 (0)1865 610611            |
| 7 Keble Road                     | Fax +44 (0)1865 610612            |
| Oxford                           | www.osc.ox.ac.uk                  |
| OX1 3QG                          | "Out of Darkness Cometh Light"    |
| UK                               |                                   |