[gold-users] Newbie question on user/account deletion

Tim Robinson twrobinson at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 10:53:53 MDT 2007

Jon, you can check who has appropriate privileges with the RoleUser
query:

-bash-3.00$ goldsh RoleUser Query
Role         Name
------------ --------
SystemAdmin  gold
Anonymous    ANY
OVERRIDE     ANY
SimpleUser   zzalstr2
SystemAdmin  zlsiimp
SystemAdmin  wwreg1
UserServices zzalsfc2
SystemAdmin  zzalsfc2

I installed as "gold" so gold is a "SystemAdmin" (can do everything) but
I notice that root doesn't appear in the table.. so maybe if you
installed as root it doesn't automatcially get "SystemAdmin"
privileges.

Anyway, the user guide gives instructions on how to add Role privileges
so give that a go and let me know how you get on

Cheers
Tim