[gold-users] allocation expiration

Kevin Van Workum vanw at tticluster.com
Tue May 8 09:49:45 MDT 2007

Scott,

I have a question about how allocation expiration works. If, for example, I
make a deposit of 1000 credits into an account with an expiration date of
2007-05-01. What exactly happens at the end of April assuming the account
balance is -500 at that time (1500 credits used in April)? I would want that
the account balance remain -500, but I think what happens is the account is
debited -500 for a total balance of 0. It makes it appear the user got an
extra 500 credits for free.

On the other hand, if the account balance at the end April was +500 (500
credits used in April), I would want the behavior I see, i.e. the the
account is debited +500 for a total balance of 0.

This is a little confusing, so I hope I made myself clear.

Basically I want to have use-or-lose allocations, but still allow users to
carry a negative balance. I only want unused credits to expire. If a user
goes over their allocation in a month, I'd like the negative balance to be
remain, not not expire.

--
Kevin