[gold-users] Gold : create Organization

Scott Jackson scott at clusterresources.com
Mon Mar 26 14:21:31 MDT 2007

Indeed there is not.

The Organization object never got implemented as a first-class object in
Gold. Unless this is a critical categorization for you, I would probably
recommend that you do not bother trying to use it because as you have
noticed, there is not much support for it. Organizations can be created
and manipulated via the gold function prompt -- goldsh, but there is
little if no documentation for this. It was essentially a false start,
we started adding support for it and then withdrew it before it got
fully implemented. It has the same status as an arbitrary object of your
own creation. There is no little, if any, built-in support for
Organization.

If this is critical for you, then please reply as to how you were
intending to use it and I can see if I can help you configure the
functionality that is there to meet your needs.