[gold-users] default projects

Kevin Van Workum vanw at tticluster.com
Fri Mar 23 08:19:13 MDT 2007

I'd like new users who are unknown to gold, to be automatically created by
gold and to use a default "guest" project. My goldd.conf has:

#Gold version 2.1.4.0
#postgres (PostgreSQL) 8.0.8

account.autogen = true
user.autogen = true
user.default = NONE
project.autogen = false
project.default = guest
machine.autogen = false
machine.default = NONE

I've created the "guest" project and have deposited funds into its account.
However, when I issue a gcharge, I get the following error:

[gold]$ gcharge -u newbie -m TTI -P 1 -t 1 -J 1.guest
Project  does not exist

One more oddity: After I created the project 'guest', an account was
Auto-generated, but after I deposited funds into it (gdeposit -p guest -z
1000), a second account was Auto-Generated:

[gold at jman etc]$ glsaccount
Id Name     Amount   Projects Users   Machines Description
19 guest           0 guest    MEMBERS ANY      Auto-generated
20 guest        1000 guest    ANY     ANY      Auto-Generated

So am I messing something up here?

Kevin