[gold-users] Gold GUI problem

Scott Jackson scott at clusterresources.com
Wed Jun 27 12:01:38 MDT 2007

Wojciech,

[This is a belated email that I started many days ago and forgot to hit
send].

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 23:20 +0100, Wojciech Turek wrote:
> Hi Scott
>

> First of all thanks a lot for quick reply.

No problem.

> I don't think that it would be firewall I am letting all the necessary
> ports go through firewall.

Maybe it is a matter of setting the server.host or server.port in the
etc/goldg.conf file.

> I have gold and moab and httpd running on the same server and I get
> the same error if I try to run web-gui on this server. I get following
> message in the /var/log/messages
> Jun 20 16:18:09 moab01 ypserv[29939]: refused connect from
> 127.0.0.1:32919 to procedure ypproc_match (nisdomain,shadow.byname;-1)
> So it maybe something related to the NIS server that is running on the
> same server as gold is. I don't know why NIS would have something to
> do with that?
> I will appreciate any ideas on this issue.

That NIS stuff appears totaly unrelated.

> Thanks

Scott

[I seem to recall that you got past this issue yourself. Is that true --
or do you still need help with this?]