[gold-users] charge rates per queue

Scott Jackson scott at clusterresources.com
Tue Feb 20 10:22:08 MST 2007

Kevin,

I believe I have corrected the fact that new users first posts have to
be moderated. Your posts should hopefully make it directly to the list
now.

For the sake of the other users on the list, I will copy my response to
the list.

As far as the Queue ChargeRate, yes you can do this.
See Chapter 13 in the PDF User's Guide.

You will need to use goldsh to do this:

$ goldsh
gold> ChargeRate Create Type=Queue Name=Batch Rate=1
Type  Name  Rate Description
----- ----- ---- -----------
Queue Batch 1
Successfully created 1 ChargeRate
gold> ChargeRate Create Type=Queue Name=Premium Rate=2
Type  Name    Rate Description
----- ------- ---- -----------
Queue Premium 2
Successfully created 1 ChargeRate
gold> ChargeRate Create Type=Queue Name=BottomFeeder Rate=0.2
Type  Name         Rate Description
----- ------------ ---- -----------
Queue BottomFeeder 0.2
Successfully created 1 ChargeRate

$ gcharge -C BottomFeeder -P 2 -t 120 -u scottmo -p proja -m keko -J
PBS.1234.0
$ echo "2 * 120 * 0.2" | bc
48.0

$ glsjob -J PBS.1234.0
Id JobId      User    Project Machine Queue        QualityOfService
Stage  Charge Processors Nodes WallDuration StartTime EndTime
Description
23 PBS.1234.0 scottmo proja   keko    BottomFeeder
Charge     48 2                120

Now, I will not claim that this will all work out of the box with Maui
or Moab. I am not sure whether Maui or Moab will reliably pass the Queue
information into the Gold Charge or not. You will have to test it and
let me know. If it does not work, we can discuss alternatives.

Scott