[gold-users] This isn't going well

Charlie Collins charles.e.collins at asu.edu
Tue Nov 14 15:40:01 MST 2006

I've been staring at Gold for a couple of months now, and gee whiz, I'm
getting nowhere.
I'm using Torque and Moab, but I haven't been able to get them to
communicate with Gold, yet.
I think the primary problem is the terminology.  Things like "account"
and "project" and similar appear to have different meanings in each
realm.
Is there something out there that relates all of this together?

I've been tasked to get this Gold accounting working for all of our
clusters here at ASU's HPCI, and there are now about 500 nodes and 5
major clusters.  We expect another 200 8-processor nodes before year's
end.

Thanks for any pointers.

Charlie Collins