Moab Cluster Manager
Moab Cluster Manager is not accepting my password in Remote Mode.
1. Check to make sure your password is typed in correctly with correct case.
2. You must enable passwords in SSH on your head node. To enable SSH:
Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and change PasswordAuthentication to yes then restart sshdaemon.
I am continually asked to enter Moab Workload Manager's client command path
Moab Cluster Manager continues to ask me for the Moab Workload Manager client commands path in Remote and Local mode.
1. Check to make sure you are typing in the correct path to where Moab holds the client commands such as showq and mdiag.
2. If you have installed Moab to a non-default location or moved moab.cfg to a non-default location, set your MOABHOMEDIR in your environment to the correct location.
3. In Local mode, if the Moab client commands are installed to a location configured in your Environment Path, then you will not need to type in a location. Just click Open.
Unable to connect to the Online Demo
Using the Online demo, I click Open, but I receive the message "Unable to connect to SSH."
1. Check to see if your company or ISP blocks outbound SSH connections.
ERROR: cannot migrate job to PBS - user 'root' does not exist on local system
When I submit a job using msub through Moab Workload Manager or submitting through Cluster Manager or Access Portal, I receive the error: "ERROR: cannot migrate job to PBS - user 'root' does not exist on local system."
1. Moab does not allow job submissions from root. Switch to another user and submit the job again.
Statistics do not appear to have any data. Why?
1. For performance reasons, Moab Workload Manager, by default, does not have statistics enabled.
To enable profiling in Moab Cluster Manager:
1. Open the Global Settings file menu
2. Open the Profile Settings sub file menu
3. Select all five checkboxes
4. Click the Save button
To enable profiling directly in Moab Workload Manager copy the following lines into moab.cfg and restart Moab Workload Manager:
USERCFG[DEFAULT] ENABLEPROFILING=trueGROUPCFG[DEFAULT] ENABLEPROFILING=true
When I click on large report it does not show anything or it freezes. Why?
1. Moab Cluster Manager is out of memory. By default, 512 MB of memory are allocated to Cluster Manager. You can increase this by doing the following:
• Open the MCM executable in a text editor.
• A thte top will be a line MAXMEM=
• Change that value to the desired memory allotment.
Where are the changes I make in Moab Cluster Manager stored? They do not show up in moab.cfg.
1. Moab Cluster Manager stores the settings and parameters in a hidden file, .moab.dat. If you created a parameter in moab.cfg and then changes the parameter in Cluster Manager, Moab will comment out the paramter in moab.cfg and add the parameter in .moab.dat.